Should I go see a podiatry or ortho foot doctor for neuromas?

Dr. Vern Chuba
Podiatry
In brief: Both
I would seek someone who has experience in treating the condition.
On your visit ask about treatment option both surgery on non-surgical related. There are many non- surgical treatment which are about 80% effective in eliminating your pain. But a proper diagnosis is paramount. Look up koby guard for surgery...This procedure works great and preserves the nerve...

In brief: Both
Dr. Vern Chuba
Dr. Vern Chuba
Dr. Frank Kase
A board-certified podiatrist or an orthopedist who specializes in foot surgery would be the person to see. Having said that, there are many nonsurgical approaches to the treatment of a Neuroma. However you should see somebody who is proficient and knowledgeable of both surgical and nonsurgical types of treatment.
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Podiatry
In brief: Podiatrist
Podiatrists are experts in all problems related to the feet and ankles including skin, nails, nerves, tendons, ligaments and bones.
A neuroma which is essentially an irritated and possibly enlarged nerve, it is considered a soft tissue problem. There are many treatment options that can be attempted prior to resorting to surgery and a podiatrist would be able to discuss these with you.

In brief: Podiatrist
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic surgeons are trained and well equipped to diagnose and treat neuromas of the the foot and elsewhere for that matter. Many orthopedic surgeons have done specialty training in foot and ankle problems and are called by some "ortho foot" doctors. A well trained orthopedist or podiatrist can treat this
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Both Specialists
You can actually see either but if you choose an orthopedist, select one who has had a fellowship and practices on the feet and ankles as their primary practice.
Seek the advice of family and friends and ask your pcp. Websites to help you find a local doc: www.Apma.Org, www.Acfas.Org, www.Aaos.Org.

In brief: Both Specialists
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
In brief: Podiatrist
Podiatrist are trained to take care of this problem. I'm confident that you will be in good hands with one.
We see a high volume of people with this problem.

In brief: Podiatrist
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Peter Redko
Podiatry
In brief: See who's near you
Go see a board certified foot surgeon

In brief: See who's near you
Go see a board certified foot surgeon
Dr. Peter Redko
Dr. Peter Redko
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Either one
Should adeptly be able to take care of the,problem.

In brief: Either one
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
In brief: Podiatry
A Podiatrist treats everything relating to the foot and ankle.
A Podiatrist sees many patients a day who have neuromas. A neuroma is the result of the metatarsal rolling on top on the nerve between the metarsal bones causing the nerve to become inflammed and swell. A Podiatrist will be able to treat the neuroma either conservatively, biomechanically , or surgically if needed.

In brief: Podiatry
Dr. Randy Bernstein
Dr. Randy Bernstein
In brief: Podiatrist or
An orthopedic doctor with specializing in the foot and ankle.

In brief: Podiatrist or
Dr. Nima Moghaddas
Dr. Nima Moghaddas
In brief: Neuroma treatment
A common condition we treat

In brief: Neuroma treatment
A common condition we treat
Dr. Jasen Langley
Dr. Jasen Langley
In brief: See a podiatrist
Neuromas are a common pathology treated by podiatrist.
Not only should the condition be evaluated but the importance of following up on the type of shoes is also important to prevent the condition from returning. Podiatrist do this. Podiatry specializes in the a region of the body (the foot and ankle) whereas an orthopedist specializes in the bones/joints of the body.

In brief: See a podiatrist
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
In brief: Probably a Pod
They see that issue all the time and an ortho deals more with joint and muscle issues whereas a neuroma is a nerve issue.

In brief: Probably a Pod
Dr. Richard Taddeo
Dr. Richard Taddeo
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Have it evaluated.
See your primary physician and get the appropriate referrals.
Both a podiatrist and a foot and ankle orthopedist can help you out.

In brief: Have it evaluated.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. David Tobin
Podiatry
In brief: Podiatrist
Although both doctors can help you, orthopedists are primarily bone where as podiatrists treat all aspects of foot and ankle disorders

In brief: Podiatrist
Dr. David Tobin
Dr. David Tobin
In brief: ABFAS
See a podiatrist board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS).
Their website can help you. Sincerely, Dr. Latva

In brief: ABFAS
Dr. Darrell Latva
Dr. Darrell Latva
Dr. Donald Pelto
Podiatry
In brief: Neuroma
Both are qualified to see neuromas.
If you want non-surgical treatment maybe podiatry. Here is some more information if you want it. http://www.centralmasspodiatry.com/neuroma

In brief: Neuroma
Both are qualified to see neuromas.
Dr. Donald Pelto
Dr. Donald Pelto
A podiatrist is able to treat neuromas in the foot conservatively and surgicaly

Dr. Kostadinka Skandeva
Dr. Kostadinka Skandeva
In brief: Physician referral
Either physician can see you.
Conservative treatment should be attempted first

In brief: Physician referral
Either physician can see you.
Dr. Rajeev Sehgal
Dr. Rajeev Sehgal
Dr. Ali Elkhalil
Podiatry
In brief: Board certified
See podiatrist surgical board certified

In brief: Board certified
See podiatrist surgical board certified
Dr. Ali Elkhalil
Dr. Ali Elkhalil
In brief: Yes, See your podiat
Your podiatrist specializes in the lower extremity.
They know the anatomy better than anyone because they spend two years on it and can recognize things most people miss, both in a surgical field, in a foot x-ray or in the clinic. Most podiatrists are good diagnosticians and often find things like vascular problems, cancers, fungi etc. before they manifest elsewhere in the body.

In brief: Yes, See your podiat
Dr. David Cornell
Dr. David Cornell
Dr. Gregory Rouw
Podiatry
In brief: Podiatry
Podiatric surgeons are experts in the care of foot and ankle skin, soft tissue and bone disorders.
Neuromas as a very common disorder and your podiatrist can give you advice in surgical and none surgical care options.

In brief: Podiatry
Dr. Gregory Rouw
Dr. Gregory Rouw
Dr. Lee Stein
Podiatry
In brief: Podiatrist
hi I specialize in nerve problems in the foot and lower leg.
You happen to be near me. I am in Lincoln Park and Highland Park. I Also am the director of the Podiatry program at Weiss and have an office there 6300 C Lee R. Stein,DPM, FACFAS, FACLES, FAENS, C. Ped Tues & Thurs 806 Central #103 Highland Park, IL 60035 847-432-6400 Mon, Wed, Fr 2623 N Halsted Chicago, IL 60614 7734773668

In brief: Podiatrist
Dr. Lee Stein
Dr. Lee Stein
Dr. Lee Wittenberg
A neuroma is a nerve impingement of the nerves at the ball of your foot that innervate your toes. This may lead to burning pain or numbness at the ball of the foot and into the affected toes that nerve innervates. Conservatively, you can go to a store like "The Walking Company," and pick up a pair of pre-fabricated Orthotics that have a METATARSAL PAD. IF this does not help, see a Podiatrist.
In brief: Either
Board Certified Podiatrist,4 years Podiatric Medical School,minimum of 3 years of foot and ankle residency training,some with a 4th year or fellowship.
Ortho foot,4 years medical school,4 years general orthopedics,6-12 month foot and ankle fellowship

In brief: Either
Dr. Josef Geldwert
Dr. Josef Geldwert
Dr. Diane Minich
In brief: Either one
Can treat the problem.

In brief: Either one
Can treat the problem.
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Podiatry
In brief: Podiatrist.
Neuromas can be successfully treated by any well-experienced podiatrist or orthopod.
Personally, i think podiatrists treat and diagnose them more frequently. Of course, I am biased.

In brief: Podiatrist.
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic surgeons are trained and well equipped to diagnose and treat neuromas of the the foot and elsewhere for that matter. Many orthopedic surgeons have done specialty training in foot and ankle problems and are called by some "ortho foot" doctors. A well trained orthopedist or podiatrist can treat this (unbiased answer) LOL
Dr. Eric Weisman