What is community care for with people with learning disabilities?

In brief: See below

It is an alternative to institutionalizing individuals with ld's into residential treatment facilities.
Acceptance and intergration in the public communities are essential and vital to allowing them to have the best quality of life without preconception. Unfortunately, many in the communities are often opposed to these heterogeneous collection of individuals-ignorance and fear lend to this.

In brief: See below

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Terminology

Intellectual disability replaced mental retardation as the term for cognitive & adaptive levels significantly below average, requiring increased levels of support to function in a community, like group home care.
By definition, people with ld's have iq's that are average or >.Many parents have told me their requests for ssi/mc eligibility evals were denied when they used "learning disabilities.".

In brief: Terminology

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke