My elbow hurts when I fully stretch. What did I do?

Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends

If the pain is medial and goes into your ring and little finger, it's probably cubital tunnel syndrome, which is a pinched nerve on the inside of the elbow.
If its the outside of the elbow, it may be tennis elbow syndrome. Both should be treated with rest and anti-inflammatory medication, but if it keeps hurting see a doctor.

In brief: It depends

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Elbow pain

It is unlikely that you injured yourself by simply extending your elbow.
There are a number of common elbow problems that may hurt when the elbow extends. If symptoms persist or recur, consult with upper extremity surgeon.

In brief: Elbow pain

Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine