Does pap smear test for warts n hpv?

Usually. Usually the virus is not looked for unless your pap is abnormal. If it is abnormal, the lab I use will do what is called reflex testing for the presence or absence of the hpv virus. If your pap is normal, at his time, there is no recommended treatment for simply having the presence of the virus so unless there are visible lesions or an abnormal pap there is no further action necessary.
Can. The testing for "high risk" hpv, those subtypes that are linked to cancer, are sometimes done when a pap comes back with a designation of atypical sq cells undetermined signific, determining if we proceed with colpo bx. There has been a change in hpv screening without pap problem. Most people will not get cancer and 80% have had it at one pt. The test can increase stress without dec. Cervix ca.