What can cause diarrhea and abdominal discomfort? Is there a blood test for irritable bowel syndrome?

Many causes/ No. There is no blood test for irritable bowel syndrome. It is a diagnosis made by excluding other serious causes of intestinal disease. You should have a colonoscopy, ct scanning of the abdomen, endoscopy to rule out celiac disease, and certain blood tests to look for autoimmune disorders. In many cases all of these studies will be negative, and irritable bowel syndrome will be the diagnosis. Goo.
Parasympathetic. Parasympathetic nervous system over activity evokes colon spasm & evacuation; imo a possible cause of ibs, which is a functional disorder for which there are no demonstrable tissue pathological features, blood tests, laboratory finding, or imaging studies. Pain arises from involuntary spasm of colon smooth muscle. Imo a disordered pelvic girdle explains ibs & fibromyalgia (often concommitant).