Is there a Tdap/whooping cough vaccine for teenagers?

In brief: Yes and no

I usually give the final whooping cough booster at 11 or 12,but the same TdaP could be given to any teen or adult that wanted to boost their immunity.
It is commonly recommended to young parents to help protect their new baby until they are mature enough to start the vaccines.

In brief: Yes and no

2 comments
Dr. Mary David
The same vaccine as for adults.
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
Giving the TdaP booster protects babies by improving the immunity of those who would not have more than a severe cold with pertussis. If your teen did not have the booster at 11-12 as recommended by Dr. Ferguson, it should be given as soon as possible and every ten years thereafter. Remember to have your teen get the HPV and Meningococcal vaccines as well as annual flu shot or nasal spray.
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Yes TDAP IS THE ONE

TDAP is the vaccine for Diptheria/Tetanus and Pertuses(whooping cough) given to teenagers and adults

In brief: Yes TDAP IS THE ONE

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine