How can I prevent my gout flare-ups?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Many ways

Gout is an inborn error of metabolism. You either over produce uric acid or you under secrete uric acid from the kidneys.
1st stay as wel hydrated as you can. Next, follow a low purine diet (google it) to the best of your ability and 3rd, you may need medication to help lower your uric acid levels. If you are having problems beyond this, follow closely with your pcp & consider rheumatologist?

In brief: Many ways

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Take your medications

Gout is one of the arthritis types that can be best controlled by medications.
You need to have an evaluation and take the appropriate medications. If you're compliant with medications your gout can be controlled almost 100% of the time. Medications include colchicine, allopurinol, uloric to name a few.

In brief: Take your medications

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Steven Seres