How serious is hashimoto's?

Not serious. Hi. Hashimoto's is very easily treated, and as long as you take your thyroid hormone and the dose is right, your Hashimoto's will not cause you any problems.
Serious but... Hashimotos disease will result in low thyroid function and can be readily treated with thyroid hormone replacement. As it is an autoimmune disease, one must carefully assess each patient for other autoimmune processes and specifically one must test for celiac disease as there is a link between celiac disease and other autoimmune illnesses, especially Hashimotos and Graves.
Can easily be. treated with medication and controlledbut you need to take the medication daily.