Can heat help with my pain from carpal tunnel syndrome?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Heart may help since
Blood flow is made worse in the hands woth cold and gentleheat may increase blood flow transiently to make the carpal tunnel symptoms lessen.
Too much heat tho and the nerve may engorge or get swollen and the pressure in the canal rises. In general mild gentle heat makes hands feel better no matter what the cause of pain is.

In brief: Heart may help since
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Andrew Oswari
In brief: Wrist splints
A cock up wrist splint can be more useful than heat or ice.
I would consider an active release therapist and/or a good prolotherapist as well.

In brief: Wrist splints
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Not much
Ice might help a bit more.

In brief: Not much
Ice might help a bit more.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Heat may help by
Opeing up blood vessel inthe nerve that may have a response to the cold by contracting .
Blood flow to the nerve if compromised is oneof the issues that causes carpal tunnel symptoms.

In brief: Heat may help by
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint