Can I take motrin to help with my carpal tunnel syndrome?

Yes but may not work. You certainly can take Motrin for relief of mild symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. However, there is no strong scientific data to support taking it for any prolonged period of time nor should you expect Motrin to make carpal tunnel syndrome go away. If your symptoms persist, see your physician.
Yes. Motrin is just an adjunct to the real treatment which is immobilization of your wrist in a splint every night and as much during the day as possible.
Yes. Of course you want to make sure you have a good liver and kidneys. Inflammation causes swelling and swelling decrease the space that your already compromised median nerve has to move freely in the tunnel. Therefore any medication which has the potential to reduce inflammation and swelling should also have the potential to reduce the symptoms. Dr. J.