Can acupuncture help ease my carpal tunnel syndrome?

Yes. Acupuncture is worth a try! Carpal tunnel symptoms may be due to inflammation, but what your doctor may not tell you is that carpal tunnel symptoms may also be due to other issues such as b vitamin deficiencies or low thyroid function (regardless of normal thyroid levels). Make sure you have these investigated before binding yourself with wrist splints or having surgery!
Yes. There is limited evidence in the medical literature, but at least one recent study shows that acupuncture is at least as effective as steroid injection for mild/moderate carpal tunnel syndrome. Depending on your symptoms and goals, acupuncture could be an effective, low-risk treatment for symptom relief.
Yes. Acupuncture can relieve the symptoms from carpal tunnel syndrome. My technique requires only one needle placed under the ligament.
Unproven. There is only one fairly high quality RCT demonstrating a positive effect from acupuncture (with a follow-up study by the same authors (Yang et al 2009 and 2011). This is not enough evidence to make a call. Most of the patients I meet who have tried it say that it didn't help but if done by a reputable practitioner it is probably a harmless experiment (except to your wallet)