Constant knee pain seems lateral collateral ligament is tight & painful?

Many possibilities. The knee is an important weight bearing joint with a complex inner and outer structure. Your pain could be as a result of many different things. A thorough history and physical exam and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams are needed to determine the exact cause. Causes of pain may include: trauma (fracture, tendon or ligamentous tear, arthritis), infection, and metabolic conditions.
Knee pain. Many possible causes:ilio tibial band syndrome, tendinitis biceps tendon, tear lateral meniscus, pathology to the superior tibio-fibular joint, some intraarticular patholgy of the lateral compartment. Try streching of the iliotibial band, icing and over the counter analgesic such as aleve, (naproxen) if pain persist need orthopaedic evaluation. Dr seni.