Does carpal tunnel syndrome mean I can't use the computer?

No. Carpal tunnel syndrome results from repetive stress injury involving the wrist. This can be a result of common work-related activities such as typing at a computer. Often these symptoms can be relieved by the use of ergonomic keyboards, changing the positioning of the keyboard relative to the work environment and using alternative input devices to interface with a computer.
No. Absolutely not. You can still use a computer. Your doctor, however, will teach you about special exercises to do, may prescribe a brace, or coach you on when to take breaks to mitigate the pain caused by the carpal tunnel syndrome.