Can elevation help with carpal tunnel syndrome pain?

Not usually. Try a cock up wrist splint that can be found in most pharmacies without a prescription.
No. Pressure in the carpal tunnel causes the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome because of compression of the median nerve. Pressure is minimal with the wrist in a neutral (straight) position, so a neutral wrist splint is the best for this condition. If you have a great deal of swelling in your hands, though, elevation may help.
Yes. But I am speaking of elevation of the wrist from a normal position to an extended position of the hand. Wear cockup wrist splints at night to let the "nerve" rest and take some of the restriction and compression off. It is doubtful that elevation of the entire extremity will do you any good. Dr. J.