Is it beneficial to take Magnesium supplement while on Prozac (fluoxetine)? I heard it helps with muscle spasms attributed to Prozac (fluoxetine).

Dr. James Eyerman

In brief: Magnesium cathartic

Most magnesium supplements only affect the bowels, not the muscles or the brain.
If your supplement works, good. But if not, the dose of Prozac (fluoxetine) may be too high. If not, muscle spasms may be relieved with gentle self massage, perhaps with olive or sesame oil morning and evening for a few minutes. Talk with your doctor soon.

In brief: Magnesium cathartic

Dr. James Eyerman
Dr. James Eyerman
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Worth a trial

There is no report of a bad interaction, so it's worth a trial.
But it's always best to let your doctor know your plan before you start so as to give them the opportunity to weigh in on the plan. They might have a better idea or give you advice on the best way to optimize it. It should be fine - I hope it works.

In brief: Worth a trial

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel