Had sexual activity via hand and penis of partner who gets genital herpes. Then changed baby's nappy forgetting to wash hands. Will my baby catch it?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: No

Herpes spreads by skin-to-skin direct contact, ie, directly from the site of infection to the site of contact.
Cloth, etc in-between interrupts it as does air/time. Stil, hand-washing after sex is a good idea as is pre/post baby diaper contact but don't obsess on it. Why unprotected sex? Are you trying to conceive again - so soon? Are you trying to get an STD? Protection is important. Take care!

In brief: No

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm

In brief: Unlikely

If your partner did not have active lesions at time of activity it's unlikely herpes can be spread

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Howard Usitalo
Dr. Howard Usitalo
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
As a general rule, you should routinely wash your hands before and after diaper changes. While I agree with my colleague that transmitting Herpes is very unlikely, there are a lot of other "bugs" out there that could be transmitted, especially if your baby has diaper area irritation.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham