I have high blood pressure, but I'm taking medicine to lower it. I keep getting blurred vision in my left eye only. What could be causing it?

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: Unlikely your BP

Your symptoms (unilateral/one sided) eye symptoms are most likely an eye problem unrelated to the blood pressure problem. See your eye professional for a refraction/eye exam ASAP! Good Luck Hope this helps Dr Z

In brief: Unlikely your BP

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Simple to serious

Blurred vision in one eye can be something as simple as a mild discharge or infection or something serious affecting the optic nerve or brain controlling the affected eye's vision.
It would be unusual for you to have a vascular or blood vessel problem of the eye at your age, but you do have hypertension. This is something you need to get checked out by your eye doctor as soon as you can.

In brief: Simple to serious

Dr. Marsha Davis