Does plastic surgery or facial reconstruction get rid the scarring from acne breakouts?

Yes. Skin resurfacing, facial tightening, and fillers can be used to treat acne scarring alone or in combination.
Depends. Depends on the scarring. best bet: see a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist for advice.
Yes and no. Acne scars are like any scar, once you have a scar you have it forever. What will try to do is to change the scar to be less visible and look better. There are 2 type of acne scars (ice pick and dish) and are treated differently. Treatments include fillers, resurfacing, or punch excisions. Your can improve the scars but not get rid of them.
Yes in some cases. Depending upon how severe the scars are some surgical methods may be effective for improving the appearance. As well some laser resurfacing techniques recently have been shown to be particularly good at improving the appearance of acne scars.
Laser abrasion. Several options are available, but the most effective, in my experience, is laser abrasion, which smoothes out the edges of the scars to make them less visible. Find a dermatologist who has done lots and lots of them; you don't want a beginner doing this procedure.
Options exist. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dematologist to evaluate your personal options. This may include lasers, chemical peels, dermabrasion or prescription skin care. There are many options and you need a regimen tailored to your specific situation and expected results.
Can improve it. A combination of resurfacing with fractionated co2 lasers, volumizing depressed scars with sculptra or other facial fillers, and direct excision of deeply pitted scars will greatly improve the appearance of acne scars.