Boil in inner thigh,treat w warm compress & amox,less pain & redness, no draining of pus bcos wound healed,but ders hard part below the skin,is it ok?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Residual infection

The hard, leathery, often darkened skin @ the site of a boil is residual inflammation from the skin infection.
The skin should soften over time, but cd leave a scar. I wd say at this point, it's normal. But watch for fevers, more drainage, or worsening symptoms that may mean the infection (boil) is coming back. Also get checked for MRSA & diabetes (which predispose to boils) if this is not 1st one

In brief: Residual infection

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery