Should I take seroquel (quetiapine) and trazodone together for insomnia is it safe? Is that a usual combo sent for severe insomnia??

Was this combination. prescribed for you to take together? It is a big gun combo- would only take if prescribed in this manner for you & if lesser regimen wasn't sufficient.
Seroquel (quetiapine) + Trazodone. There is a drug-drug interaction that can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more at risk if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances. Dizzyness, shortness of breath, palpitations, go to ER/911.