Ive been told that there is only one doctor who will operate on the occipital bone. bump on my head that is in the center bottom of Occipital bone?

Dr. Forrest Jones

In brief: Why needed?

Do you gave a terribly deformed occipital bone? If it's simply a minor cosmetic problem, then best to leave well enough alone.
You say "there is only one doctor who will operate": is your problem so rare there is a lack of experienced doctors; or is it because experienced doctors disapprove? I suspect they disapprove. Unless you have a serious deformity, I think you should too. Hope that helps.

In brief: Why needed?

Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. James Rochester

In brief: Not sure

surgery to the occipital bone (for any reason) is usually done by either a neurosurgeon or perhaps a maxillo facial surgeon.
Need evaluation and imaging first to diagnose what the bump is and whether surgery for it is appropriate.

In brief: Not sure

Dr. James Rochester
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. Keegan Duchicela