I weigh 290 lbs and I'm 5'10 how much weight do I need to lose to be at a normal weight ?

Dr. Ravinder Nagpaul

In brief: Need to loose a lot

Based on Hamwi formula your ideal weight should be 156 lbs.
. Healthy range i from 139 to 173 lbs. Now you can assess how much you have to loose. So get ready and start to work on it!!

In brief: Need to loose a lot

Dr. Ravinder Nagpaul
Dr. Ravinder Nagpaul
Dr. Frank Amico

In brief: BMI chart

Base on the BMI chart, you are categorized in the "extreme obesity" section.
Someone who is a 23 year old male would be considered a normal weight at 167 pounds. With that being said, do not think that you need to be "normal" as per the BMI scale. I always tell my patients do the best they can. Losing as much weight as you can in a safe manner is the most important thing.

In brief: BMI chart

Dr. Frank Amico
Dr. Frank Amico
Dr. Jane Van Dis