Can I take botox for drooping upper eyelid (ptosis)?

Dr. Nina Naidu
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Botox for ptosis

I do not recommend using Botox in this case, as it will relax the muscles that are keeping your lids open, which will result in worse ptosis.
I would instead suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for possible eyelid surgery.

In brief: Botox for ptosis

Dr. Nina Naidu
Dr. Nina Naidu
Dr. Joseph Campanelli
The answer is maybe. It really depends on the exact cause of the droop. Lateral brow ptosis is quite nicely treated with Botox but true eyelid ptosis will only be made worse.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

Botulinum toxin is not used to treat a drooping upper eyelid (ptosis).
In fact, botulinum toxin can make it worse.

In brief: No

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. H. William Song
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Maybe

Botox does not lift directly, it can be used to cause a lifting effect by weakening the muscles that pull down.
If injected improperly, it could make the drooping worse.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. H. William Song
Dr. H. William Song
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

Botox can raise the position of a droopy eyebrow but not the position of the drooping eyelid.
Certain eye drops can temporarily raise the position of the eyelid but they are not intended for long term use. The best solution is to have the ptosis surgically repaired. The operation is minimally invasive and can be performed by an experienced oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: No

Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Suman Das
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: NO

Botox works by weakening or paralysing the muscle.
It will be un wise to have Botox if you already have weakness in your eye lid muscle.Make sure you discuss your problem with doctors with proper credentials who is going to treat you for your specific problem.

In brief: NO

Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das