I have severe tongue swelling both at home and when I'm away. No med changes in years. No food-related patterns. Always feel numbness 1st. Causes??

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Angioedema

this can be critical.
some antihypertensive medications can be associated it and some NSAIDs cause it too, I suggest you see an allergist for some blood work and if currently swollen, seek medical attention immediately. You need to have some test to check your type of angioedema, it is likely to be idiopathic. if the attacks are frequent, a daily antihistamine such as Zyrtec or Allegra (fexofenadine) help

In brief: Angioedema

this can be critical.
Dr. Andrea Brand