My nephew has paget's disease. Is my child at risk for it too?

Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice
In brief: No
Yes or no. No one can assure you if your child is at risk.
You can inquire about genetic testing but it is very expensive.

In brief: No
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Sunil Prof. Wimalawansa
In brief: No
Environmental factors may trigger paget’s disease, but has not proven.
Results from bone biopsies in patients with paget disease demonstrate several different paramyxoviridae viral antigens, including measles virus and respiratory syncytial virus, located within osteoclasts. However, causes remain unknown. Age. People older than 40 are the most likely to develop paget's disease sex. Men are more commonly affected than are women. National origin. Paget's disease of bone is more common in people of anglo-saxon descent. Family history. If you have a close relative who has paget's disease of bone, you are much more likely to develop the condition yourself.

In brief: No
Dr. Sunil Prof. Wimalawansa
Dr. Sunil Prof. Wimalawansa