I found a very small patch blood in my stool. It was bright and mixed in. It was on the outer part. I have no symptoms of anything. No red food.

Dr. Derek Skinner

In brief: Bright red blood

Bright red blood in stool can be from several different sources.
You could have either an internal or external hemorrhoid. There are several different conditions in the colon itself that can cause this as well. Most of these need to be evaluated by your doctor. We always get concerned when there is no pain associated with the bleeding or a family history of colon cancers. hope this helps.

In brief: Bright red blood

Dr. Derek Skinner
Dr. Derek Skinner
Dr. Stacy Frye
Sports Medicine

In brief: Could be fissure

Oftentimes, bright red blood on the outside of stool will be due to an anal fissure - a small tear that can happen usually from straining to pass stool.
Could also be due to a hemorrhoid.

In brief: Could be fissure

Could also be due to a hemorrhoid.
Dr. Stacy Frye
Dr. Stacy Frye
Dr. Stephen Richards
Agree, You need seen by your doctor

In brief: If it happens

again - would encourage medical assessment.

In brief: If it happens

Dr. Andrea Brand