I had a Depo-Provera shot one and a half months ago and now have had a heavy period everyday for 2 1/2 weeks. Is this normal?

Sort of. The most common side effect of Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) is irregular bleeding. This is especially true after your first two injections. The good news, though, is that at one year, around 45% of women have no periods at all. After another year up to 75% of women have no periods. The first 6 months can be rough but it gets better after that. Consider a home pregnancy test as a precaution. Best wishes!