What is better for arthritis inflammation and pain?I have been taking 3250 mg of Bufferin(aspirin) and Dr. suggested Aleve (naproxen) 2 at night 2 at morning?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: See answer

I am hoping you meant to place the # 325mg NOT 3250! The latter would be way too high.
I would take your doctors advice as s/he is caring for you and can best deliver advice to you situation. Generally speaking aleve (naproxen) is a good medication, but as stated, this needs to be addressed with your treating Doctor. Best wishes to you.

In brief: See answer

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Aleve (naproxen)

Is an excellent choice; however, I would suggest protecting your stomach with at least 150mg of ranitidine ( Zantac) or 20-40 mg of omperaziole ( Prislosec) or Pepcid ( famotidine).

In brief: Aleve (naproxen)

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Nayana Trivedi
You are taking very high dose of Bufferin. Please stop and take Aleve as suggested by your MD
Dr. Vikram Patel