Is clozapine (clozaril) good for bipolar?

Clozaril (clozapine) Is an atypical antipsychotic approved for use in treatment-resistant schizophrenia & is also used off-label to treat bipolar disorders. It is very effective as long as close monitoring of white blood cell count is done routinely. Some reported side-effects are seizures, myocarditis, agranulocytosis, diabetes, weight gain. It is not indicated if seizures, liver disease or low blood count.
Sometimes. Clozapine works well for some, but not so well for others. It is a medication to be considered, but you should talk to your doctor about the various possibilites and why he/she might suggest one over the other.