Do clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream treat acne?

Absolutely Not. This medication will treat inflammation and a fungal infection. Totally wrong for acne. See dr friedlander's answer for better detail.
No!!! Topical corticosteroids will suppress the immune response, and enhance the production of sebum. Systemically, this class of meds actually causes acne. The only barrier to your being treated effectively is a dysfunctional health care system. I start with cheap topical clindamycin; systemic tetracycline works for tougher cases; dermatologists must rx "the big guns" which are extremely good.