I had a hysterectomy (excluding ovaries) 17 days ago. I started an elimination diet 5 days ago. Have had a pulse over 100 BPM many times . Should I wo?

Dr. Mary David

In brief: No

Many things can raise your pulse including normal post-operative pain and exertion after the deconditioning of bed rest and general anesthesia of major surgery.
In the absence of other conditions I do not think you need to be overly worried.Take your time getting back to your full activities,limit your lifting,rest when tired,stay hydrated,and use your pain meds if needed.You should be 100% soon

In brief: No

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Ew Christensen
I agree. I also think that 17 days after surgery is too early to do an elimination diet. Focus on getting good whole food and good quality protein until you are fully recovered - 6weeks. Then do you elimination diet.
Dr. Jane Van Dis