I'm pregnant and having spells where I get really dizzy and can hardly stand, I can't catch my breath and I get really hot. Why is this happening?

In brief: Vasovagal syncope

You may have a condition known as vasovagal syncope which simply suggests that your blood pressure suddenly drops, pulse may go up, you could feel flushed (or not), short of breath a little, and then, if you don't sit down you could pass out.
...so it's best you sit or better yet, lie down on those occasions this occurs. Drink LOTS of fluids, talk to your doctors and you'll be fine.

In brief: Vasovagal syncope

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham