I notice I get palpitations when I feel the pressure from costochondritis. Can that cause heart palpitations?

Many things can. Heart palpitation is the symptom of an acute awareness of your heart beating. This can be described as beating hard, fast or abnormally. Many things can cause this, from abnormalities in the conduction system, anxiety, irritation on/around the heart or problems with delivering oxygen to heart tissue. Anytime it is coupled with chest pressure, you should have it evaluated by a doctor.
Yes. The increased anxiety from experiencing the pain can cause your heart to beat faster or for you to feel the heart beating stronger.