I took nuvaring out a week early (oct14). Realized and put new one in (oct17) I started bleeding oct19-23 was that my period?If not when will it come?

Dr. Jeffrey Levine

In brief: BreakthroughBleeding

Removing your Nuvaring a week early prompted an earlier withdrawal bleed than usual.
You can continue the current Nuvaring for 3 weeks total, then remove for a week. You may get more spotting in between. You need to use back up contraception until next ring as you were without adequate protection for 3 days. Check pregnancy test if no period after removing ring. U can use Nuvaring continuously.

In brief: BreakthroughBleeding

Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Jane Van Dis