When if the bes ttime to take Claritin (loratadine) allergy medicine?

Morning. Claritin (loratadine) is a once daily, non-sedating antihistamine. Though it is advertised to last 24 hours, it generally lasts about 17 or 18 hours. Thus, to get "all day" relief, it is best taken in the morning.
For me, at bedtime! Although i respect the logic of the am advice for Claritin (loratadine) (loratidine) once-daily non-drowsy antihistamine use, i suffer terrible allergies myself, and cannot sleep all stuffed up and sneezy, so i prefer to take my own dose at bedtime. Ah, restful sleep. And if you have even a tiny bit of drowsiness from the "non-drowsy" medication, it's better at night as well. Gotta be sharp in the morning!
Allergy medicine. The key to taking allergy medicine is that you take it every day. When you skip a day or several, you allow your body to be subject to the histamines caused by your allergens, then your body suffers the effects, you realize you haven't been taking your allergy med so then you have to play catch up while your allergy symptoms go away.
A M. Best to take in morning to get the effects all day while you are out and about!
AM or... Since the medication really works less than a 24 hour cycle, it is likely best taken in the morning so the majority of the day you benefit from the anti-histaminic benefits. If you find that at night your allergies are making sleeping unrestful, it is quite logical to take it at a time when it allows the most restful sleep. Try different times, adjusting for the greatest benefit at the best times.