Thinking of asking for Buspar, (buspirone) so I don't have to be on Xanax,added to my Prozac and maybe an up on my dose (20 to 30). Thoughts?

Dr. Anthony Vita

In brief: Anxiety

Buspirone is approved for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder and is sometimes used off-label for other anxiety disorders and depression.
For some patients it is very effective. Higher doses of an SSRI such as fluoxetine (Prozac) are often effective for anxiety. I would ask your physician about both of these changes, but DO NOT stop the Xanax (alprazolam) on your own, this can be very dangerous.

In brief: Anxiety

Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Buspar (buspirone) would be

better than Xanax (alprazolam).
There is a small chance of drug drug interaction but if started on a low dose it should be fine.

In brief: Buspar (buspirone) would be

better than Xanax (alprazolam).