What is the difference between long and short term recovery plans in chemical dependency treatment?

30days vs 1 year. Over and over, clinical studies have proven the greater efficacy of long-term treatment for drug and alcohol dependency versus shorter-term (i.e. 30 day) treatment.  across the United States literally hundreds of treatment centers decorate the coastline, each offering a unique twist on a month's worth of holistic treatment for substance abuse.
Try 12-Step Program. Short term goals in substance abuse recovery would include abstinence and creating a good support system to remain sober. Long term goals would be to make life style changes consistent with sobriety, reestablishing relationships with family and friends, and becoming a contributing member of society again. I would encourage anyone to seek out a 12-step program as a first step in their recovery.