Can you tell if you had pelvic inflammatory disease? How do u kno you had it long enough to cause damage

No easy way. If you didn't have lower abdominal pain, you probably didn't have PID. This isn't certain; sometimes silent infection can damage the fallopian tubes, i.e. asymptomatic PID. However, most women with chlamydia don't have serious tubal damage. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to know for sure. Often the problem comes to light only after failure to conceive after a year or more of trying.