I'm allergic to milk I have asthma & causes to much phelm is it ok to have almonds and milk derived in the ingredients is that real milk?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: AlmondMilkNotMilk

Almond milk is made from almonds added to water and I not real cow's milk You can have it long as you are not allegic to Almonds

In brief: AlmondMilkNotMilk

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Milks of the Earth

A mixture of finely ground almonds and water (sometimes plus other stuff, for flavor or preservation,etc) is called "milk" probably because it is milky in color, like other "milks" (soy, rice, coconut).
Soy has the most protein. Rice is probably the least allergenic. I use a lot of soy milk (half each of sweetened and unsweetened) sometimes with almond milk. I never use cow's milk.

In brief: Milks of the Earth

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology