What are the effects of taking homones fosfestrol and bicalutamide for 3 weeks after being misdiagnosed with prostate cancer?

Dr. Steven Tucker

In brief: Low testosterone

The effects of these medications are to lower the male hormone, testosterone, in the body.
This would be a temporary and reversible effect. There should be no long term consequence. You should have full recovery within 1 month of stopping the medicine.

In brief: Low testosterone

Dr. Steven Tucker
Dr. Steven Tucker
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
I like my answer better but this is perfectly OK ! ;-)
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Fosfosterol a

Synthetic estrogen, and bicalutamide, an androgen receptor blocker are generally not used in standard risk prostate cancer, but usually relapsed or high risk (gleason >/= 7; psa > 20 ng/ml).
The drugs are temporary, metabolized and gone. Feminizing effects and blood clot risk short; decreased libido and gynecomastia, depending on duration of use, can be reversed.

In brief: Fosfosterol a

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Vicken Poochikian