Which is better oxycontin or avinza (morphine)?

Avinza (morphine) Avinza (morphine) is long acting and once day. Hence it is better as you do not have peaks and troughs. Oxycontin is touted as being designed as q 12 hrs but it usually ends up as a q 8hrs or even a q 6 hrs. It is highly addictive for this reason. This is due to an immediate 30% release portion in each tablet so you get a boost every time you take it - not good for a long acting medication.
No answer. The one that works is the better one. Avinza (morphine) is once a day Oxycontin is taken 2-3 times per day.