Can you take penicillin if you have an augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) allergy?

No. Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) is a combination of Amoxicillin and clavulinic acid. If you are allergic to augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate), (amoxicillin and clavulanate) it most likely means you have an allergy to penicillin. Your physician will know this and prescribe another non-related antibiotic. Do not take penicillin if you are certain you are allergic to augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate).