How long does an arm amputation surgery take?

Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Variable

Length of an operative procedure depend s on various factors including the skill experience of the surgeon.
An arm amputation I am assuming is done above the elbow and can be done satifactorily within an hour at the most.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many factors

The time it takes to perform a surgical procedure dependent on the surgeon’s skills and experience, the type of procedure, and the availability of assistants during the procedure.
On average it should take about an hour.

In brief: Many factors

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Steven Brown
Depends on the level of the amputation and required reconstructive procedure for closure and stabilization, typically well in excess of an hour. Did not know podiatrists performed arm amputations.
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery