Is it ok to take both prednisone and arava (leflunomide) for ra?

Again, ask specialis. You are being treated for a specific medical problem, with two meds that each have signifacant effects and side effects. Certainly you ought not take any antninflammatory meds such as Aspirin or ibuprofen. Drink a lot of non-alcohol beverages, and call the treating physician to inform you have a headache, and follow his/her instructions.
Yes! I have many pts. On both drugs, but I never use more than 5mg of prednisone. I would use Methotrexate before Arava (leflunomide), but that combination has been used very successfully.