What are anti-aging foods?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Healthful foods

I don't like the term anti-aging, as nothing stops aging, but a healthy diet will slow the aging process.
The foods considered best for this are organic fruits & vegies, spices, nuts, seeds & healthy protein sources. Just as important is avoiding foods that accelerate aging, esp. Sugars, processed grains & fried foods. I would choose organic foods when possible, esp. If you eat meats/eggs/dairy.

In brief: Healthful foods

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
3 comments
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Aging is nice, considering the alternative. :-)
Dr. Homeira Izadi
I agree with Dr. Baker that the term anti-aging is not correct! but we can eat healthy and manage aging the right way. make it short, avoid any processed food , sugar, salt, the recommended Paleo diet with limited carbohydrate and no bread, no sugar and eating more fiber and fresh fruit and vegetables, more protein and good fat can help to slow down the process of aging and prevent diabetes, HTN..
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Mediterranean-ish

? Fruits and vegetables—at least 7 servings a day ? Fish (cold water)—3-4 times a week ? Fiber—at least 25-35 grams per day ? Dairy—nonfat and low fat, only in limited amounts and up to 4 eggs per week ? Grains, starches, sugars -- limit or avoid entirely ? Meat—limit red meat to 1 to 2 times per month; consume mostly lean meats in limited quantities (e.
g. chicken and turkey).

In brief: Mediterranean-ish

g. chicken and turkey).
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Healthful foods

In brief: Healthful foods

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Would take a book

so if you are interested would suggest a live consult.
However, one new product category, Nrf-2 activators, are very promising because they turn on your body's own genes to produce the anti-oxidants you need to fight the damaging effects of free radicals and pollutants you are constantly exposed to. And actually the best source of these is...home grown broccoli sprouts! So not even expensive!

In brief: Would take a book

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew