Incised retinaculum ankle-fasciotomy. Extensor tendons now subluxing. Knee buckling from feels like muscles on lateral side giving out. Related?

Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: Joint problems

It sounds like you have both knee and ankle problems, and when you have serious enough ankle joint problems, it is not uncommon to cause problems one major joint away - in the knee.
If you haven't already had advice from your orthopedist, you need to discuss how stable the knee is since the ankle surgery. Weight-bearing is a good sign of joint instability- I suggest you see your ortho right away

In brief: Joint problems

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Dr. James Rochester

In brief: Not sure

which side of ankle retinaculum incised? If lateral side where perineum tendons run maybe as those muscles run up lateral side of leg toward knee, but unlikely to cause knee to buckle.
Discuss with surgeon

In brief: Not sure

Discuss with surgeon
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine