Which antibiotics works for UTIs? Can Docycycline/Doryx work for a UTI?

Many antibiotics. Optimal 1st antibiotic choice for UTIs are trimethoprim-sulfa (Bactrim), Cipro (ciprofloxacin) & Macrodantin. Amoxicillin, Augmentin & sulfonamides + sometimes tetracyclines (like Docycycline) used 2B first choice but more & more UTIs are resistant to them hence the change. Also reason why we recommend urine cultures co-incident with urinalysis to insure bacteria causing UTI are sensitive to prescribed medication.
Uti. yes, doxycycline can be effective for simple urinary tract infections. The best way to treat a urinary tract infection is to submit a urine for culture and sensitivity you. This identifies the organism causing the infection and identifies anabiotic's which will definitely kill that organism. indiscriminate use of random anabiotic's for suspected urinary tract infections can lead to widespread bacterial resistance to antibiotics.