I finished my menstrual period 6 days ago and how long does it take till my next ovulation? My husband and I are trying to have a baby

Dr. Kevin Olson

In brief: 7 to 10 days

Ovulation should occur 7-10 days after menses.
Ovulation kits are available to tell when ovulation occurs. Take your temperature orally every morning before getting out of bed. Your temp will go up one degree on the day you ovulate. Good luck!

In brief: 7 to 10 days

Dr. Kevin Olson
Dr. Kevin Olson
Dr. Brian Crownover

In brief: Ovulation timing

Releasing an egg usually occurs 10-14 days after you first start to bleed; we do not time off the last day of bleeding.
Consider buying an ovulation prediction kit at the drug store to precisely define your ovulation day. Remember the sperm can live for several days inside you while the egg last much shorter, so start having daily sex a few days before you expect to ovulate.

In brief: Ovulation timing

Dr. Brian Crownover
Dr. Brian Crownover
Dr. Adam Levy