Hello im 27 female.My blood test showed that my red blood cells have decreased.What shall I do to increase my red blood cells?What food shall I eat?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Anemia
A low red blood cell count is known as anemia.
Anemia is a symptom, not a disease and thus the cause of anemia must be investigated. While being investigated, one should increase the iron in one's diet. This can be done with iron tablets, or by eating foods rich in iron. This would include red meat, spinach, and beans.

In brief: Anemia
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Depends how much.
It depends how much the RBC level has dcecreased, and your overall health.
If it is a mild decrease, nothing may be needed, other than check-ups. But if it is a big decline, a thorough work-up would be in order to find the cause. It could be renal problems, leukemia, iron deficiency anemia, or another cause. If it is mild, with no other problems, more red meat/ foods with iron may be of help.

In brief: Depends how much.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Jane Van Dis