If my doctor offers me prostate screening, what should I think about before making a decision?

Dr. James Krick
Urology

In brief: Prostat screening

First of all, 23 year olds dont need screening yet because prostate cancer doesnt occur in that age group.
When you are closer to 50 years old, screening becomes a real issue. Most urologists firmly believe in dre/psa screening. The real controversy is what to do after a diagnosis of prostate cancer is made. If no one is screened, no one will be diagnosed at a treatable stage.

In brief: Prostat screening

Dr. James Krick
Dr. James Krick
Dr. Sarab Alfata

In brief: What to do

I think the most important thing to think about is what will you do with the results and if the result was positive are you willing to go through the treatment process.
Make sure you are aware of all the options to be able to make the appropriate decision.

In brief: What to do

Dr. Sarab Alfata
Dr. Sarab Alfata
Dr. Andrea Brand